SKYE & LOCHALSH YOUNG CARER SERVICE
(MANAGED BY S&L COMMUNITY CARE FORUM SCIO)
Senior Support Worker
Salary: £20,930 – £22,750
Main Base: Portree
Hours: 35 hours per week (additional hours available to support respite breaks)
We invite you to apply for a very rewarding job within the well established and respected Young Carers’ Service. In this role you will have responsibility to assist the staff and volunteer team in planning and delivering a wide range of activities to support and empower young carers.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed individual with relevant experience and knowledge in youth work and facilitating activities who will:
- Work directly with young carers in order to help plan and deliver activity and support programmes
- Work collaboratively with young carers, their families, other professionals and the local community
- Assist with the service’s evaluation and monitoring processes
- Assist with staff and volunteer co-ordination and support
- Have excellent communication and teamworking skills
- Have good computing skills including Word, Excel and social media
- Be flexible in order to fulfil the needs of the service and the young carers it supports
- Be able to drive between locations in Skye and Lochalsh and beyond as required to fulfil the needs of the service.
It is essential that you meet all legal requirements relating to working with young people, including membership of the Disclosure Scotland PVG Scheme. SLCCF operates a live Equal Opportunities Policy.
Closing Date: 12 noon, 10th February 2023
Interviews: Late February 2023
For enquiries and application pack please contact:
Skye and Lochalsh Young Carers’ Service, Victoria Cottage, Hedgefield Road, Portree, IV51 9GF
Telephone 01478 613617